This Pioneer Woman recipe, which my boyfriend has renamed “Shrimp-stuffed Bacon” is a tailgate favorite for us. Works best with thinly sliced bacon.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2.5 lbs peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 lb thin bacon, slices cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on top
- Melt butter with chili powder in a small sauce pan
- Wrap each piece of shrimp with half a slice of bacon and skewer with toothpick. Arrange shrimp on wire rack.
- Brush half of chili butter over shrimp
- Bake until bacon is cooked (10+ minutes). Brush remaining chili butter on shrimp upon removing from oven.